Pelagic Expeditions supplies heavy duty Musto HPX foul weather gear for all guests on board Vinson of Antarctica. We also provide sheets, pillow cases and towels for all
For expedition cruises to Antarctica, South Georgia, Tierra del Fuego
and all Arctic destinations
• Sea boots/shore boots – Can be the same and no need for hiking boots
if long treks are not planned. Recommend Muckboots
either the Muckmaster Hi-Cut or the Arctic Hi-Cut. These are high cut,
non slip, fully insulated, tight fitting around the ankle and sole easy
to clean (important for bio-security requirements) Better than any sea
boot for cold conditions, superb on shore.
• Thermal underwear, 3 to 4 pairs minimum for Tierra del Fuego, 6 for
Antarctica and South Georgia
• Fiber pile jacket
• Fiber pile pants
• Windproof pants and jacket onshore
use. Boat provided foul weather gear not allowed onshore.
• 2 Balaclavas/wool hats
• Several pairs fiber pile/wool gloves/mittens
• Rubber or Gore-Tex overmits
• 4 to 5 pairs heavy fiber pile or wool socks for Tierra del Fuego, 8
for Antarctica and South Georgia
• Boat shoes, with soft rubber soles for below decks - recommend Crocs
• Hiking boots (Vibram sole) and gaiters - only if ambitious, long treks
• Medium weight sleeping bag with full length zip – sleeping cabin
temperature is roughly 12 to 15 degrees C.
• Soft travel bag (no hard suitcases)
• Glacier glasses with side flaps and one spare pair dark sun glasses
• Sun block-out and after sun cream
• Small rucsac about 10 liter
• Seasick pills (we recommend Stugeron)
• Personal photographic equipment (we charge 12 volt video batteries on
board via 12 volt DC, 220 AC, but you should bring your own
charger). We have all European
two pin socket with UK adapters. Therefore, male UK or European plug ends are suitable.
• Film, more than you think you need and/or memory – if you plan on
downloading and editing on board, bring your own laptop.
• Collapsible ski poles for hiking ashore
• Personal medical kit to include personal medication and i.e.band aids,
throat lozenges, lip salves and one course of antibiotics for chest and
• 1 liter water bottle and one pee bottle if necessary.
• Small selection of your favourite CDs. Stereo on board is I-Pod
Also remember to submit the following documents to the Pelagic Office
upon signing of the charter agreement:
• Waiver of Liability signed
• Medical Form with Doctors Section signed
• Personal Information Form
• Communication Agreement signed
• Proof of medical evacuation insurance
• Bio security statement
• Passport Scan
We have storage facilities ashore in Puerto Williams and Stanley for
hard suitcases, shore clothes and extra unneeded gear.
Site Homepage © Pelagic 2003. All rights reserved.