PELAGIC EXPEDITIONS NEWS LETTER NO 11 December 15 2004
Pelagic Australis has sailed over 30,000 miles since her launch end of September 2003. Accomplishments have included supporting the Israeli Palestinian ‘Breaking the Ice Project’ last January, an RYA training run up the Atlantic to the UK and a successful arctic season including a circumnavigation of Spitsbergen
(see photos below)
Skipper Steve Wilkins and crew have just returned from South Georgia and is
now preparing her for the Antarctic season.
PLANS FOR THE 2005 SEASON
In the northern summer of 2005 we have been contracted by an Italian expedition to attempt the Northwest Passage during August so we can now set an itinerary offering two, two week expedition style cruises to the west coast of Greenland in June and July 2005.
Places currently available:
1. Antarctic Peninsula December 31st to January 20th (it’s still not too late) 3 places available
2. Tierra del Fuego January 27th to February 7th 2 places available
3. RYA Training run from Chile to Maine beginning end of March 2005 5 places available Click on here for logistics and syllabus.
4. West Coast of Greenland, Nuuk to Aasiaat June 20th to July 3rd 8 places available Click on here for logistics and itinerary.
5. West Coast of Greenland, Disco Island area, July 4th to July 17th 8 places available Click on here for logistics and itinerary.
6. Delivery (non training run) from either Alaska or New Foundland to southern Soouth America (depends on success or not on the Northwest Passage) email firstname.lastname@example.org for the general plan.
7. Check out the web site for the destinations on offer during the austral season of 2005/2006 including South Georgia, the Falkland Islands, Cape Horn and Tierra del Fuego.
Below: Some photos from this summer in the Lofoten Islands